~искусство the Lion kinG~
Ответить на тему  [ 44 сообщения ]  Пред. 1 2 3 След.
СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 08:47 
leader
leader

I have a SB Audigy2(50$) and Sven 988(200$, 5.1 active acoustic). I can see difference between 128 and 192 kbps and AudioCD. But on my work (AC'97 and cheap speakers) i can't do it.

In my home 192 - is optimal. Good sound and small file size is optimal correlation.

I'm code Frangoufer II codec ( http://www.dimonius.ru/1/Mp3Codec.zip ) - it instal into system (alfter install folder c:\Audio you may delete - it only promotion of codec), and any programm, which can save wav will can save Mp3 up to 320 kbps. (and standart -> SoundRec too! ;))
For save MP3 select "wav" and type -> "Mpeg layer 3". And select bitrate.

I have a 1.5 Gb of TLK music ;) But from TLKoB i like only Shadowland and Endless Night

[Lion King team][Programmers team][Furry team]

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 09:33 
veteran
veteran

ФуррВид: lion
Цитата:
I do not like "Madness of King Scar" much...
Now, that I mentioned "Madness..." The question was "What you like in TLKoB..." but not "What you dislike..."! And stop accenting on differeses between yerself and others... that's rude. Everyone has his/her own judgements. That's normal.
Цитата:
” Well, i like over 50% of the track.” – My playlist contains 5 songs. :) My favorite is Endless Night. Other 4 are… not too bad :) I think the idea itself is bad and performance is poor because of excessive African screaming.
Musicles are meant to be viewed in RL, you know... I've seen myself and liked it very-very much. If you judge only from poor quality MP3s that were badly encoded so your mega cool hardware decoder can't decode it properly, or pirate CDs ripped to MP3 then re-written to CD-R disks... well... you first go see itin person then we'll speak more =)
Цитата:
>>Awww... Madness of King Scar is sooooooooo coool =)

what is so cool about this song? That's the most stupid idea in this or any other galaxies i ever heard Х)
Thank you for your frankness :-| I like stupid songs. That's who I am.
Цитата:
I’ve also Sony CMT-GPX7 stereo system with mp3 support and 2*60 Watt RMS wood speakers. It’s cost 220-240$.
2) I have compared some Elton John’s songs from mp3-disc and Audio-CD.
You may have problems with your hardware decoder - there are such decoders that can only decode fixed number of streams (128/256/320) so problems of such kind gives you this: it cant decode a 192kbps stream so it reduces quality to 128... Not necessarily your audio subsystem is bad. And also try using LAME encoder... it generally gives better results (not cutting high tones)

Последний раз редактировалось Basil Lion 28 сен 2004, 09:51, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 11:44 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: Пони
I have a SB Audigy 2 ZS(100$) and 2x100 watt (not computer) acoustic. And at most mp3 I can’t see difference between 192 kbps and CD disk. Only on few of my mp3 I have hear some difference. When I re-encode it to 224 kbps all will become OK. :p.
In TLKoB I like Circle of life, He lives in you (reprise too), Endless night and Shadowland.
P.S. sorry for my mistakes :oops:

aka Drakkard aka Drakkon
Больше сыра = больше дырок
Больше дырок = меньше сыра
Больше сыра = меньше сыра???

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 11:56 
royal advisor
royal advisor

From Beltar: I think the idea itself is bad and performance is poor because of excessive African screaming.

To Beltar: That is absolutely true - the African screaming is really annoying sometimes (we talk about TLKOB)

I really like Endless Night but my most favourite is Circle Of Life - its composition is great!

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 12:06 
royal advisor
royal advisor

By the way... I have acoustic stereo speakers (AIWA) 2x100W and built-in sound card. The problem is that when I play my mp3 on the hi-fi - I hear some "ssssssss";"puk puk puk puk" sounds (feel like listening to a gramophone record ;-) How can I possibly get rid of that?

P.S. Someone give me advice for a good combination between quaility and cost (sound card; not necessarily 5.1 - can be stereo)

Thank you in advance ;-)

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 15:36 
royal advisor
royal advisor

2 Basil Lion:
AFAIK mp3-format has few methods for encoding and ONLY ONE for decoding. That’s good for HW realization. 192 kbps unlike 160 is standard biterate so please give me more information about HW decoders. I admit that disc may be bad encoded. I will check it. May be I just have a very good hearing

Musicles are meant to be viewed in RL, you know... I've seen myself and liked it very-very much. If you judge only from poor quality MP3s that were badly encoded so your mega cool hardware decoder can't decode it properly, or pirate CDs ripped to MP3 then re-written to CD-R disks... well... you first go see itin person then we'll speak more – 1) I said nothing about bad sound in TLKoB I said it’s bad performed and songs are really bad. 2) I’ve not any wish to see it in RL, the dancing and singing can’t express that I see in the movie. This musical is only well advertised brand name like SP. I sure it was presented like that: “Disney’s greatest hit of all times The Lion King now on Broadway!” and nobody try to criticize it.
About screaming. The meant that the director and score’s author didn’t understand what they did unlike Hanz Zimmer and nothing else.

Ненавижу СП и все, что с ним связано.

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 16:01 
leader
leader

Beltar: I resent you comparing SP to TLKoB, because a) it is not some cheap direct-to-video sequel (but I'll shut up now) and b) because it is another angle on the TLK story, which I respect. IMO, it adds depth to the original TLK universe, bringing together its African influence with modern technology. I also like the idea of humans expressing animals. As the TLK lions have been "humanified" I think that this is an interesting development on the theme. Furthermore, I found the costumes (from what I've seen on shots) to be extremely creative, ditto for the set design. I have not seen in yet, but hope to see it in London within the next academic year. SP is a completely different biscuit.
[end critique]

As for screaming...well, you do get it in the beginning of CoL in the film...Besides, it's not screaming, it's african chant and traditional folk music. The only part which I dislike is the female Rafiki, but I think that the rest of the show would more than compensate for it.

Madness of King Scar...I don't much agree with the idea of poor little Scar having a crappy cubhood. The song's good, though. Ah, yes, another point, I prefer the film songs in the film, and not in the musical (note the spelling :) ) because that is how I heard them first, and the theatrical arrangement is in a different key. The other musical songs written especially for it, such as Endless Night and Shadowland, tie in very well.

I have been lurking on this forum of late. ;)

Good English forum, btw. Any UK people on here??

Coffee is good... :coffee

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 20:18 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: snow leopard
This topic seems to turn into discussion of codecs, sound cards, speakers and other stuff... Once again?..
Цитата:
So, returning to on-topic.. What do you think about TLKOB album? Do you like it, or not? If not, why?
I do like it. In my playlist there're all the songs which aren't completetely African chants: Be Prepared, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Chow Down, Circle of Life, Endless Night, He Lives in You, I Just Can't Wait to Be King, King of Pride Rock, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, The Madness of King Scar, The Morning Report, Simba Confronts Scar, The Stampede, and They Live in You. Of course, versions from the original movie are better, but those from musical are too delightful to forget about.

The best song, from my point of view, is Endless Night - it combines beautiful music and impressive words. The second place takes Shadowland. Maybe I like it just because I love Lea Halalela. :) Also Musical's version The Stampede is great - more power given to voices. The Madness of King Scar takes individual place - while it can hardly be called song, the concepttion is very original.

As for African chant, at first I loathed it. But after I've listened to the misical several times I realized that it's not so bad. ;) Now I even like that shouting at the beginning of Circle of Life. I try to listen it either quietly or when there're nobody at home... others can't stand this "wails", I don't know why. :)
Цитата:
If you judge only from poor quality MP3s that were badly encoded so your mega cool hardware decoder can't decode it properly, or pirate CDs ripped to MP3 then re-written to CD-R disks... well... you first go see itin person then we'll speak more =)
Errr... I don't think quality really matters here. Even if it were 320 kbps he wouldn't like it. If only I was given a chance to see the musical in real life... If that to happen, not in the nearest future, unfortunately... :(
Цитата:
I’ve not any wish to see it in RL, the dancing and singing can’t express that I see in the movie.
And it needn't to! That's TLK from another point of view, which tells the story of the lions, but shows that the story really applies to humans. They're everywhere - lions and other characters, even plants and trees. :)
Цитата:
The meant that the director and score’s author didn’t understand what they did unlike Hanz Zimmer and nothing else.
Ah, of course. If you were making it you'd make it the right way. Now, this look familiar... :) John Burkitt doesn't know what good fanfics and bad ones are, creators of TLKoB don't know how to make musicals... Only the cleverest, the most talented, the brainiest Beltar knows. :p

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 21:13 
tech support
tech support

ФуррВид: Panthera leo
>but shows that the story really applies to humans.

Ugly humans with flowerpots on their heads... I think it was the bad idea...
But some songs are beautiful...

You must take your place in the circle of life.

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 22:58 
veteran
veteran

Цитата:
1) I said nothing about bad sound in TLKoB I said it’s bad performed and songs are really bad. 2) I’ve not any wish to see it in RL, the dancing and singing can’t express that I see in the movie. This musical is only well advertised brand name like SP. I sure it was presented like that: “Disney’s greatest hit of all times The Lion King now on Broadway!” and nobody try to criticize it.
About screaming. The meant that the director and score’s author didn’t understand what they did unlike Hanz Zimmer and nothing else.
1) You can't tell how it is performed because you haven't seen the acting of performers (actors) yourself :) So reserve judgements for now. Once again one must see it, and not on VHS/DivX/DVD but on the real life show... preferably on Broadway... but Hamburg is quite good too... it's just in german, that may be a problem =) And yes, "screaming" in the beginning irritates... but its a show! Some things aren't possible... but some -- done even in a better way than one expected. Than I expected. And besides it is an real african chant :) You see the story about africa and lions and don't like traditional african folk... way too straaaange.
2) You can't compare kilograms to apples. As well as Broadway Show is a completely different but still an outstanding thing to see! It was presented as a Broadway Show... but with time became very popular, and still being held in different parts of the world (all over USA, in Australia, and in Europe too...) Wellknown theatre director, Julie Taymor, was chosen to reinvent animated film for the musical stage. She directed the stage adaptation. Staged with tremendous imagination and inventiveness, the animals are portrayed by a combination of costumed actors and puppetry - to intoxicating effect!

Authors of the show are Rogers Allers & Irene Mecchi
Lyrics by Tim Rice
Music by Elton John, additional songs by Hans Zimmer, Lebo M, Mark Mancina and Jay Rifkin
directed by Julie Taymor
choreography by Garth Fagan

TLKoB awards:
- 6 Tony Awards on Broadway, in 1998 (Best Musical, Best Director of a Musical, Best Scenic Design, Best Lighting Design, Best Costume Design and Best Choreography)
- 25 major awards and has become one of the most sought-after tickets in Broadway history
- Tim Rice and Elton John's musical score won an Oscar for 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight'
- in the the 1999 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for 'Theatrical Event of the Year 1999'
- Best Theatre Choreographer for Garth Fagan and Best Costume Designer for Julie Taymor at the 2000 Olivier Awards

and many more...

Do you think such a tremendous celebrity of the show is just fake? For the whole 7 years? Don't be absurd.

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 23:13 
royal advisor
royal advisor

Цитата:

As for African chant, at first I loathed it. But after I've listened to the misical several times I realized that it's not so bad. ;) Now I even like that shouting at the beginning of Circle of Life. I try to listen it either quietly or when there're nobody at home... others can't stand this "wails", I don't know why. :)
That is true: 1-If you listen to the song many times - you really start to like the "wails" 2-my familiy can't stand the "wails" too ;-)
Цитата:
Цитата:
The meant that the director and score’s author didn’t understand what they did unlike Hanz Zimmer and nothing else.
Ah, of course. If you were making it you'd make it the right way. Now, this look familiar... :) John Burkitt doesn't know what good fanfics and bad ones are, creators of TLKoB don't know how to make musicals... Only the cleverest, the most talented, the brainiest Beltar knows. :p
I support Athari's view but... (*Catching a note of sarcasm in Athari's words*)Athari, please, keep in mind that we must respect the others' views even in case they are completely different from ours...

СообщениеДобавлено: 28 сен 2004, 23:26 
veteran
veteran

Цитата:
Цитата:
Цитата:
I support Athari's view but... (*Catching a note of sarcasm in Athari's words*)Athari, please, keep in mind that we must respect the others' views even in case they are completely different from ours...
His views about TLKoB are completely groundless. One can express "views" if seen something... If one imagines something - it is often reffered to as "beleifs".

СообщениеДобавлено: 29 сен 2004, 07:33 
tech support
tech support

ФуррВид: Panthera leo
> I said nothing about bad sound in TLKoB I said it’s bad performed and songs are really bad.

Be justly. I do not like this show. But some songs are true masterpiece.

You must take your place in the circle of life.

СообщениеДобавлено: 29 сен 2004, 10:14 
royal advisor
royal advisor

2 Basil Lion: Well, you are right. I am bringing my words back. Sorry.

СообщениеДобавлено: 29 сен 2004, 10:56 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: snow leopard
Цитата:
Ugly humans with flowerpots on their heads... I think it was the bad idea...
I think it was funny idea. :)
Цитата:
- Tim Rice and Elton John's musical score won an Oscar for 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight'
Wasn't TLK's musical score which won this Oscar? ;)

Ответить на тему  [ 44 сообщения ]  Пред. 1 2 3 След.