~искусство the Lion kinG~
Ответить на тему  [ 118 сообщений ]  Пред. 1 2 3 4 58 След.

You wish to have a lion living in:
Your home (no freedom, yours) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Huge area, reserve (freedom, yours) 62%  62%  [ 13 ]
You do not wish to have a lion. (freedom, not yours) 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Всего голосов: 21
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 окт 2004, 07:56 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: snow leopard
Цитата:
I think it is not suitable for lions to live in our homes. There is something which the Human cannot domesticate, isn't it... including lions.
If humans wanted to domesticate lions they'd do it, but those domestic lions wouldn't be the lions the way we imagine them. They could even change their look; needless to say that would change their behavior. What would be left from lions? They'd just become usual domestic cats. I don't want this to be made reality of. (BTW, is the construction of the last sentence correct?)

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 окт 2004, 10:42 
royal advisor
royal advisor

Цитата:
(BTW, is the construction of the last sentence correct?)
Well, how about: There is something which the Human cannot domesticate, including lions, isn't it?

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 окт 2004, 12:20 
leader
leader

AtharI:
I don't want this to become reality
-or-
I don't want this to happen.

Shadowfox: I think he was referring to his own sentence

2 all:
How would you go about the problem that this lion/tiger/biiig catt MAY one day eat you? And really, it is no use saying that 'my soul and its soul are one', etc, because that is really not the practical case. My Simba, when hungry, will meow and generally get on people's nerves. Your cattt on the other hand, really would not think twice before eating you. And well, if not you, then it would definitely eat your mother.

Owning, or living with a REASONABLE lion/tiger would actually be very cool. But in reality it is unlikely to happen.

Coffee is good... :coffee

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 окт 2004, 12:40 
tech support
tech support

ФуррВид: dragon
>> just to leave the cats where they live and visit them when we want.

I doesnt feel too happy visiting lions and other big cats in a place where i can only visit them and where do they live -- in small and dirty zoos and cirsuses.

>>P.S. I think it is not suitable for lions to live in our homes.

Buy a "mansion" first :) With enough land around to walk with lion :)
I agree, lions are not so suitable, but they are not the only big cats. I mean, i can buy puma or snow lepoard - this will be much better for both of us.

>>What would be left from lions?

and what would be left from you, living many years from the birth in such conditions? :D

>> Big cats needs more for only one animal...

It is not true. Not all bigcats are need too much walking space. Lions do not need to run alot to be healthy. As you may know, all cats (maybe except the cheetahs) are not jumpy-runny creatures, they like to rest, to sleep and to eat much more than other animals on earth ;)

Хранить - это дело почетное тоже, - Удачу нести на крыле

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 окт 2004, 13:02 
royal advisor
royal advisor

This is one very interesting and realistic outlook, The Dishwasher, which I definitely support (except some details). However, I think we (The Sonic God , Kovur and I) are talking about more "perfect" cases where everything is possible. This is just a theory. Do you really think you can possibly share a room with a lion, or let me say it clearly - Do you think you can really get used to live with such a big and trully wild animal like the lion in real life?

P.S. To prevent misunderstanding I will be more precise: When I am talking about sharing a room with a lion I mean just a space which can be from 2 square yards to 2 square miles; again, about the domestication of lions - my opinion, suggestion and recommendation is to leave the wild animals to live free where they are and not to prevent them from being beautiful, strong and proud (quoting The Sonic God)

Master P.S. If you come up with some opinion different from my own, please, share it with me because everyone thinks in a different way and I am curious what others think about that.

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 окт 2004, 13:46 
the king's right paw
the king's right paw

ФуррВид: panther
Sarafina, even cheetas willn't run without a reason ;) I've read somewhere man who try to make his cheetas healthy brought them live anthelops or even use a bike (as a big fast toy ;) ). And we know big cats can live in a very small cages, but is it good for them? ;/ I just think about good conditions for "domestic" big cat.

2Shadowfox: I think nobody here wants to catch a wild lion or other animal. Somebody (Sarafina?) told about such case living with big cat who born in a zoo or circus, who can't live without human help or long rehabilitation.

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 окт 2004, 13:53 
tech support
tech support

ФуррВид: Panthera leo
>Do you really think you can possibly share a room with a lion, or let me say it clearly - Do you think you can really get used to live with such a big and trully wild animal like the lion in real life?

Yes I can. But I do not want to see how miserable will be my close friend. I do not want tormenting him... So it will be never.

You must take your place in the circle of life.

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 окт 2004, 21:53 
royal advisor
royal advisor

I am very happy to acknowledge you have such a strong will. It is also true that living in a house or small yard is a torture for such an animal. By the way, what do you think - how are people having lions as pets getting used to live with them?

СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 01:28 
leader
leader

I wouldn't force a lion to live in captivity @ my home or by the laws & rules of the society.
I rather go to them and live around and among them in freedom.
It would mean alot of adapting but so does the idea of having em like a pet.
I've got some ideas and thoughts about this but i don't want to go to far offtopic. :roll:

I don't need no one else but you in my life!

СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 01:38 
the king's right paw
the king's right paw

ФуррВид: львица-кошечка
I don't like when lion is a pet? it jast can't be it? it's a free and wild animal, it should leave in freedom. This poor lioness, i was met wen i was in Crimea, and a have some fotos with she
yhere is one of it

Вложения:
CIMG0836.jpg
CIMG0836.jpg [ 166.3 КБ | 5310 просмотров ]

мурмур

СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 01:45 
leader
leader

Цитата:
I don't like when lion is a pet? it jast can't be it? it's a free and wild animal, it should leave in freedom. This poor lioness, i was met wen i was in Crimea, and a have some fotos with she
yhere is one of it
Awww... poor thing.
I totaly agree with you, Lions should remain free and wild.
As i said earlier i'd rather go to them then keep one in captivity.

СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 01:49 
the king's right paw
the king's right paw

ФуррВид: львица-кошечка
nah, i don't like to live with them, maybe with tlk lions ;) but not with real . Well, i go to sleep it's allmost 2 o'clock here ( in Moscow) Good night

мурмур

СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 01:59 
leader
leader

Цитата:
nah, i don't like to live with them, maybe with tlk lions ;) but not with real . Well, i go to sleep it's allmost 2 o'clock here ( in Moscow) Good night
True true, the dream would be to live with TLK-Lions but since they're not avalible I'll settle for real lions.
Ok, it's only 00:00 over here (Jonkoping/Sweden) G'Night... Sweet dreams. :)

СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 12:52 
royal advisor
royal advisor

Douglas, I agree with your, strange but yet interesting idea. It will be great if you can live with lions in freedom. I have already thought of such an idea. Maybe some day it will be possible.... who knows?

OFFTOPIC: Sweden? How are things going on in Sweden? ;-)

СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 18:30 
leader
leader

Цитата:
Douglas, I agree with your, strange but yet interesting idea. It will be great if you can live with lions in freedom. I have already thought of such an idea. Maybe some day it will be possible.... who knows?
I've thought of it alot actually.
I'm seriously thinking of moving down to Nairobi / Kenya and apply for work in the National Reserve of Masai Mara.
Maybe not forever but at least for a couple years.
Would be fun, but there's not just to move down there and hope for a job...
I could imagine that it takes alot of planing and preparations.
Цитата:
OFFTOPIC: Sweden? How are things going on in Sweden? ;-)
They're good but dark and cold etc. etc.
How are things Everywhere? ;) Good I Suppose? :lol:

Ответить на тему  [ 118 сообщений ]  Пред. 1 2 3 4 58 След.