~искусство the Lion kinG~
Ответить на тему  [ 1576 сообщений ]  Пред. 1100 101 102 103 104106 След.
СообщениеДобавлено: 16 фев 2009, 18:56 
leader
leader

Цитата:
Wow! The coldest I have ever experienced was only 2 degrees. -10 will probably kill me on the spot. I heard some parts of the UK are having some severe weather.

Its summer over where I am, so between 30 and 50 degrees everyday with the occasional big thunderstorm.
Whooaaa! Sounds great. wish we had those kinda tempratures here.
We can sometimes get up to around 30 degrees in summer but thats pretty rare usually about 20 - 25 degrees.

I don't need no one else but you in my life!

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 фев 2009, 02:01 
pridelander
pridelander

ФуррВид: lion
I kinda like the heat more than the cold, mostly cause I'm not fond of wearing layers upon layers of jerseys and jackets.

Whats your profession in Sweden? I assume its something in art or graphics?

СообщениеДобавлено: 20 фев 2009, 20:46 
leader
leader

Цитата:
I kinda like the heat more than the cold, mostly cause I'm not fond of wearing layers upon layers of jerseys and jackets.

Whats your profession in Sweden? I assume its something in art or graphics?
Not really... I've been working as a courier for a couple of years. However I resigned just a couple a weeks ago looking for new adventures.
So what do you work with?

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 фев 2009, 23:36 
pridelander
pridelander

~

Последний раз редактировалось Koko Lion 19 авг 2009, 19:20, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

СообщениеДобавлено: 02 мар 2009, 21:49 
leader
leader

Цитата:
A courier, cool. So you worked for Fedex, UPS or something smiler then. What kinda things are you interested in doing? Job wise.

I'm a full time I.T support technician but also do part-time work with KZN Wildlife as a game ranger and I'm a police reservist.
I worked for a private firm.
Did some freelance assignments too still do the freelance thing sometimes.
Well I would love to work with animals... seems fun.
But I would actually like to try a boxoffice job or working at a factory or something like that.
Seems like simple hard work with work colleagues standard hours... 7 to 4. (Yeah that's the standard hours here in Sweden.)
But yeah it also seems like a monotonous and dull job every job has it's pros and cons.

You have it all.
You get to help people in a boxoffice job, you get the danger and excitement from your job as a cop and the satisfaction of working with animals.
I envy you. :)

СообщениеДобавлено: 02 мар 2009, 23:09 
pridelander
pridelander

~

Последний раз редактировалось Koko Lion 19 авг 2009, 19:20, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

СообщениеДобавлено: 29 мар 2009, 11:14 
leader
leader

Цитата:
Are you planning on exploring the world at anytime? Have a look at possibilities abroad? What kind of wildlife shelters and protected areas are there in Sweden? Maybe sign up as a volunteer and build on that? I do wish you luck in your new career, keep us posted!

Here is the website I created for our wildlife unit, not all articles and information has been uploaded but the basic idea is there on what we do: http://www.lionsriverho.co.za

As for the police. I'm sure you must have heard our National Police Commissioner is suspended for corruption, our future president who is about to be elected next month is also charged with corruption. Police salary's are ridiculously low. Thats why I signed up, to lend an honest hand to these guys. I prefer getting off my rear and doing something about a problem than complaining. Its such a morale boost to see guys in the force who are still keen, honest and motivated.
One never know.
Can't really say i'm planning anything at all right now.
Just kinda considering my options.
Not that may wildlife shelters at all. However we have lots of protected areas but no one is really guarding it everyone seem very respective towards it.
The only guarded protected areas are around the wolf reserve way up north. :P
I'll keep you posted when i know what to do with my life. ;)

Actually no didn't here about the corruption... very sad.
The faith in the police must have been affected by that or are people still trusting towards the police.
We had a case of racism in one station in the south part of the country.
That put lots of preassure on the honest and good cops because the confidence and faith for the police down there became so very low.
Real bad situation and i guess its not looking brighter over at your place.

СообщениеДобавлено: 30 мар 2009, 00:44 
pridelander
pridelander

~

Последний раз редактировалось Koko Lion 19 авг 2009, 19:21, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

СообщениеДобавлено: 30 мар 2009, 22:13 
leader
leader

Цитата:
That is really interesting. Unfortunately our reserves are constantly under threat by criminals. Luckily our law is very strict on its conservation acts. The "ukhahlamba Wildlife Crime Unit" who we work pretty closely with won a successful conviction of a rhino poacher just a few weeks ago, he was sentenced to 60 years jail time. No mercy.

I would really love to one day go to one of these wolf reserves. Although I'd have to brave the cold. I think it would be an amazing sight to see.

Most people here actually respect the police because they know what they have to deal with daily and there is a huge comradeship in the force. Our substitute commissioner is a hard guy and is taking no s***. Heard tonight that there is an estimate of up to 5 million illegal firearms currently in the country, scary stuff! The worst thing that I can recall happened at my station when one the student cops pulled out his gun and starting shooting wildly in the station, he was drunk or high or something and was having some personal issues. Luckily my Captain was able to wrestle the guy down and remove his gun before anyone got hurt.

Wish you luck, hope something comes up that you will enjoy. No good doing a job that doesn't make you happy.
Whooahhh... 60 yrs OMG yep they sure are strict. :) but unfortunately they need to be.

Well if you wanna see the wolf-reserves don't let the cold stop you there are plenty of good clothes to keep you warm. :)
Since I live in the south part of the country it took me a real while before i went to see them but I can say it's overwhelming... an experience i will never forget. :vaau
Quite intelligent animals who are very friendly if not put in a tight spot they are said to be very reserved but given time as in the week "safari" they become quite social. :)

People here are also very respectful towards the police but as the media only lifts out whats bad people gets a very misleading picture of them. :hmm:
However we have a relatively low crime rate and not at all as much illegal firearms as your country has... but the bad news is that the rate is getting higher by the minute. :(

СообщениеДобавлено: 15 май 2009, 22:29 
pridelander
pridelander

Finally got my internet back!Well its not the best internet anyway (3G)

Well my girlfriend is in England and is trying to get me over there. I wish her luck. So if I do go, I would definitely make an effort to visit these reserves while I'm there.

Just been going through past posts and please forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems you have a little one? Maybe a bit late for this now but congratulations!

СообщениеДобавлено: 20 июл 2009, 18:59 
leader
leader

Oh... No... I don't have any children just yet.
Me and my ex thought a while ago that she was pregnent and the home test confirmed it but when we checked it up at the doctors it was a false alarm.
However my current girlfriend already has two kids with her ex so i guess you're right and wrong at the same time. :D

СообщениеДобавлено: 24 ноя 2009, 22:21 
pridelander
pridelander

Those dang home pregnancy testing kits! :p

СообщениеДобавлено: 13 дек 2009, 00:59 
leader
leader

Цитата:
Those dang home pregnancy testing kits! :p
Hehe Yep.
I was really excited and than just the worse news ever at the doctors.
Well, maybe it was for the best life proved me wrong with that girl.
Still my highest dream is having children of my own... in time perhaps. :)

СообщениеДобавлено: 17 апр 2010, 07:04 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: Lion
I haven't been here in like.... eons... @_@

Anyone going to AC?

СообщениеДобавлено: 13 май 2010, 15:10 
leader
leader

Цитата:
I haven't been here in like.... eons... @_@

Anyone going to AC?
If it it weren't accross the atlantic i would have consider it. =)
Anyways guess its to late by now, give us a report how it was if you feel like shareing. =D

Ответить на тему  [ 1576 сообщений ]  Пред. 1100 101 102 103 104106 След.