~искусство the Lion kinG~
Ответить на тему  [ 6 сообщений ] 
СообщениеДобавлено: 18 ноя 2012, 16:42 
outlander
outlander

ФуррВид: lion
Hello,

Long, long time ago I've found public FTP with The Lion King movies...

I've downloaded TLK2 and TLK3, and found out that's an english version... but with russian voice-over translation... o_o
Anyone know anything about it?
Is that some kind of alternative, official translation?

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 ноя 2012, 18:40 
tech support
tech support

ФуррВид: Panthera leo
This is called a single voice translation. It was common practice in the 90s and after, in the time of VHS tapes. There was cartoons, but not in Russian language. Some people took the cartoon, made their own translation and voicing it. The original sound is a bit muted, and soundtrack with translation was mixed with it.
Then they sold this homemade "masterpiece" as an official Russian translation of the cartoon.
Often the translation was wrong or/and dubbing is terrible, but at that time there was no choice. It was like a window to other, bright world.
When I was little I saw the FernGully in such translation, and it was like magic... I was not able to translate any English word and such translation to me seemed normal.

So... Оf course it is not official translation. Perhaps this version was taken from one of the latest pirated VHS tapes with homemade voicing. It's not actual now, and VHS is almost dead.

You must take your place in the circle of life.

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 ноя 2012, 19:03 
outlander
outlander

ФуррВид: lion
Thank you.
I know what "single voice translation" is, but it's really rare, and I wasn't able find translation for this word ("lektor" or "film z lektorem" in Polish), I've found only this article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice-over_translation
It's used almost only in Russia and Poland. XD

It's annoying for me, I don't like single voice translation... and all movies, shows etc. on Polish TV are translated like this.
Цитата:
It was common practice in the 90s and after, in the time of VHS tapes. There was cartoons, but not in Russian language. Some people took the cartoon, made their own translation and voicing it.
It was common practice in Poland too...
The ITI Group ("ITI Group (International Trading and Investments Holdings SA Luxembourg), known as Grupa ITI in Polish, is a large media conglomerate headquartered in Warsaw, Poland. ITI Group controls the Polish television network, TVN, among its many holdings.") initially was selling pirated VHS tapes with single voice translation. XD

Poland and Russia... are pretty similar countries. ^^

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 ноя 2012, 20:42 
tech support
tech support

ФуррВид: лев
I can add that, due to mediocre acting and poorly translated songs in the official russian translation, many people prefer the single-voice translations to this day, because you can hear the original voice acting and the songs are preserved.
By the way, there are at least 6 different single-voice translations of The Lion King into Russian.
Nowadays single-voice translations are nearly dead because the official thanslations got better and more accessible.

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 ноя 2012, 23:01 
royal advisor
royal advisor

Oh my, that was the voice of my childhood! Manly tears were shed.

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) DEAL WITH IT

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 ноя 2012, 23:23 
tech support
tech support

ФуррВид: лев
I've watched the vid just now. I still have a VHS with that translation :p
Цитата:
Is that some kind of alternative, official translation?
I forgot to mention that there's a guy who offers alternative voice-over translations that are advertised as being more true to the original than official ones.
He's known under the "Goblin" pseudonym, and became famous after creating funny translations for "Lord of the Rings" movies 1 and 2. Those are hilarious. However, any further attempts at such translations have failed, so now he makes "correct" ones.

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love

Ответить на тему  [ 6 сообщений ]