~искусство the Lion kinG~
Ответить на тему  [ 118 сообщений ]  Пред. 1 2 3 4 5 68 След.

You wish to have a lion living in:
Your home (no freedom, yours) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Huge area, reserve (freedom, yours) 62%  62%  [ 13 ]
You do not wish to have a lion. (freedom, not yours) 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Всего голосов: 21
СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 23:43 
royal advisor
royal advisor

It is good to know there are people like you who wish to live in freedom with lions. It will be cool. Tell me how it feels like when you acheive this goal.

Offtopic: Well, actually, in EVERYWHARE things are DIFFERENT, but as for Bulgaria - cooold winnnnterrrrrrr.

СообщениеДобавлено: 16 дек 2004, 23:58 
the king's right paw
the king's right paw

ФуррВид: львица-кошечка
It's cold winter in Moscow too. rrrr I want summer, i'm just like lion cub - don't like when it's cold, and like when hot.meow!

мурмур

СообщениеДобавлено: 17 дек 2004, 09:16 
tech support
tech support

ФуррВид: Panthera leo
to Douglas:

>I'm seriously thinking of moving down to Nairobi / Kenya and apply for work in the National Reserve of Masai Mara.
>Maybe not forever but at least for a couple years.

I hope you can do it. I have some similar thoughts too.
But I should finish the high school (two years remained), learn English better and a bit Swahily...
and a lot of other things necessary there...
It's not so easy to reach your dream, eh?

You must take your place in the circle of life.

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 дек 2004, 15:14 
leader
leader

Maybe if one could just talk to lions, it would be cool. I don't think that I'd want to live with them forever, but to visit, and to sort of feel an understanding...was it Basil who talked to the animals in Moscow Zoo?

Anyway. The UK is grey, cold-ish (well, 6 degrees is cold for the UK :D) and it rained a lot yesterday. White Christmas ha!
And I have fun Uni exams when I come back...merrgness...

Coffee is good... :coffee

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 дек 2004, 23:31 
royal sentry
royal sentry

ФуррВид: snow leopard
Цитата:
nah, i don't like to live with them, maybe with tlk lions
I think TLK lions would like freedom just as usual ones. ;) And... don't you think others would like to have them too? ;) Well, my imagination isn't good enough to imagine TLK lions living together with us.
Цитата:
I'm seriously thinking of moving down to Nairobi / Kenya and apply for work in the National Reserve of Masai Mara.
Maybe not forever but at least for a couple years.
I hope you'll achieve your dreams. Good luck!
Цитата:
But I should finish the high school (two years remained), learn English better and a bit Swahily...
What's the point in finishing high school if you intend to devote your life to lions? ;) You'll learn them mathematical analisys?
Цитата:
Just curious — what things?

СообщениеДобавлено: 18 дек 2004, 23:47 
the king's right paw
the king's right paw

ФуррВид: львица-кошечка
Цитата:
I think TLK lions would like freedom just as usual ones. And... don't you think others would like to have them too? Well, my imagination isn't good enough to imagine TLK lions living together with us.
yes, i just told, that i want to live with them, but only 1,2 or 3 days, not more, just for meet them, to talk and play, and back :p

мурмур

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 дек 2004, 18:04 
tech support
tech support

to Athari:

>What's the point in finishing high school if you intend to devote your life to lions? You'll learn them mathematical analisys?

It will allow me to earn enough money for air tickets and first days of my arrival there.. I am not too rich.

>Just curious — what things?

more necessary than mathematical analisys. :D

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 дек 2004, 19:51 
leader
leader

Athari: You'll *teach* them mathematical analysis. A lot of english people make the mistake of saying learn. (In fact, grammar is poorly taught in the UK...but that is just venturing too far offtopic!)

Kovur - I didn't know you were still at school! And sadly, money is key to a good life.

I think that lions might like to learn calculus anyway. My lecture notes are covered in lions (with reference to lecture topic; I'd like to scan some in sometime).

Do you really think, then, that 'pet' is the right word to use? Lion as pet, or lion as friend, or lion as just being there and understanding?

Coffee is good... :coffee

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 дек 2004, 22:32 
royal advisor
royal advisor

We are discussing if lions could be pets. Of course, a lion can be your friend and can understand you as well; but he cannot be your pet "freely" - you have to make him your pet. So we discuss if this is a right thing to do or not.
My personal opinion is that a lion can DEFINITELY be kept as a pet; from other side it SHOULD NOT be kept as pet because his right to be free would be ignored (which happens mainly for money).
To be objective - I would like to have a lion as a friend, not as a pet.
For if a person really likes a lion - he should not imprison him to have him be one's friend. That cannot be contestable, at least I think so.
Feel free to criticise.

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 дек 2004, 22:57 
tech support
tech support

Dishwasher:

>I didn't know you were still at school!

The "high school" ;) not common.

>And sadly, money is key to a good life.

I do not care about good life for myself, but I want that this life will not waste useless, so I want to help creatures which are truly close to my soul.

>Do you really think, then, that 'pet' is the right word to use?

It's is not a pet. It's your friend and he have the same rights as you. Don't forget it. He's simply a little another.

Shadowfox:

You are right.

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 дек 2004, 23:26 
royal advisor
royal advisor

Thank you, Kovur.
I am glad you agree with me. Look, the more interest you have in your ego, the more your values become "material". We all know that money help the ego grow stronger. We shall not forget about our spirit. For we are all unique, thanks to our ego, but we are all one, thanks to our spirit. Money are not bad but if we consider ourselves acheived our goals in life when we are millionaires, then it bacomes one of our weak spots. We shall not fall under money's control; we shall not fall under our ego's complete control. The balance between our ego and spirit is the key to our happiness. You can make someone your slave, your pet, your friend - with money. You cannot buy the happiness in one's eyes when seeing you with money. You cannot buy his soul with money.
I suspect there are people who do not agree with me. It is just my point of view and I do like it.
Remember, every action has its consequences. Every action leads just to a different consequence. The thing we have to do is to think of our own opinion but to think of the consequences as well.

Neither lions should be kept imprisoned as pets, nor anyone.
If you do not agree with me, think again. If you do not agree again, share your own view.

СообщениеДобавлено: 19 дек 2004, 23:55 
tech support
tech support

> You can make someone your slave, your pet, your friend - with money

But you will never trust him, because he will betray you so easily as once became your friend. (For example: when you lose your money and can't be useful for him.)
True friends and happiness cannot be got for any money. You can only find them...

Lions and other animals even do not know what money is, but they can be your friends. Because their soul are clear.

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 дек 2004, 01:40 
leader
leader

Цитата:
I hope you can do it. I have some similar thoughts too.
It's not so easy to reach your dream, eh?
Nope, for an example... to get work down in Kenya ain't as easy as one would think.
Far from it... Because you need a job that can pay you after your needs.
Because of our high living standard we need a job that pays some more than the ordinary.
And if one would want to work @ the National Reserve like I want he'll need some form of education like a vet or animal resercher.
But there are more jobs than just those two like NR-Security or Turist Guide etc. etc.
And another example is communication...
I can honestly say i don't know more than a few words of swahily which makes my social life strictly limited.
(Even if most of the peeps @ Masai Mara speaks english thanks to the tourism.)
So it's a bit complex.. but if I want to reach my dreams I have to work hard and pay the prize with my blood and tears... and I pay it gladly.

I don't need no one else but you in my life!

СообщениеДобавлено: 21 дек 2004, 13:15 
tech support
tech support

to Douglas:

You surprise me pleasantly...
I do not think that there is necessary so much blood.;) But it is necessary to be prepared for this trip... What prevents you from learning swahily better? It is a not very difficult language...
But you will have more advantages knowing it.

There is a one difficulty - shortage of the swahily textbooks So if you know some please advise me.

Kwa heri. :)

СообщениеДобавлено: 22 дек 2004, 00:22 
leader
leader

Цитата:
to Douglas:

You surprise me pleasantly...
I do not think that there is necessary so much blood.;) But it is necessary to be prepared for this trip... What prevents you from learning swahily better? It is a not very difficult language...
But you will have more advantages knowing it.

There is a one difficulty - shortage of the swahily textbooks So if you know some please advise me.

Kwa heri. :)
Well the amount of people knowing swahily is kinda low where I live but sure if I just find the right people i'll probably do fine.
But it's just that... Finding the right people.
And if I find any Swahily textbooks i'll let you now if you'll do the same for me. ;)

I don't need no one else but you in my life!

Ответить на тему  [ 118 сообщений ]  Пред. 1 2 3 4 5 68 След.